Welcome to Salish Sea Restoration
This website is a living conceptual map of Salish Sea ecosystem stewardship. Information is stored in a collection of cross-linked and categorized web pages. We share resources, information and ideas under a shared social contract. Any registered user can create and edit pages and upload documents at any time. Our goal is to help each other find and synthesize information. Read more about The Big Picture...
Explore Pages About Human Systems:
We work in human systems made of workgroups which use resources to complete efforts either building knowledge of topics or doing work in places. All this effort results in lots of documents. Master Topics are a good place to start exploring the structure of Salish Sea human systems.
Explore Pages About Ecosystems:
We live in ecosystems where snow-fed headwaters, and rain-fed lowlands collect into floodplains and then through river deltas to enter the Salish Sea ringed by a mix of beaches, embayments and headlands.
Click Icons to Browse...
Why Join Us?
Because you have knowledge, and want to empower stewardship of the Salish Sea ecosystem! Because information is power. We increase information flow among scientists, citizens, and public servants.
Scientists and Students
- Describe sites where you have specific knowledge.
- Share your findings on different topics with hard to find documents.
- Connect with restoration efforts as research sites.
Citizens and Land Stewards
- Provide local knowledge about the sites and places in which you live.
- Better understand governments, and find workgroups in your watershed.
- Track down or share documents, or learn about how your lands provide ecosystem services.
- Post documents about topics that might otherwise get lost.
- Connect with local workgroups or document efforts.
- Build shared knowledge about different ecosystems