- Recent Topic Edits
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The executive branch of the federal government is divided into departments, agencies and administrations. These workgroups have budgets developed within the agencies, but reviewed by the OMB, and proposed to various legislative branch committees. Through staff labor, the exercise of legal authority, and funding opportunities, these agencies influence ecosystem management in Puget Sound.
The White House Council on Environmental Quality has defined the Puget Sound Federal Task Force as the forum where federal actions are coordinated to support Puget Sound recovery, and integrated with Tribal, State and Local government work.
List of Workgroups in the Federal category
- NOAA Restoration Center
- US Geological Survey
- NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Pacific Northwest Research Station
- Environmental Protection Agency
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Navy
- Puget Sound Federal Task Force
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Forest Service
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- National Forest Foundation
- National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
- US Department of Justice
- Three major capital flows define federal funding for ecosystem management:
- Federal actions, including regulation or funding, trigger a set of requirements under federal law including:
- National Environmental Protection Act which defines procedures that agencies must use to consider effects on the human environment when making decisions.
- National Historical Protection Act which requires federal agencies to protect cultural resources.
- Endangered Species Act which requires agencies to consider effects of threatened or endangered species and their habitats.
- And a long list of other requirements and Executive Orders that drive federal policy to greater or lesser degrees.
Federal legal topics
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- Endangered Species Act
- The Boldt Decision
- Clean Water Act
- Executive Order 11988
- Farm Bill
- File:CBD 2017 intent to sue oregon beaver control.pdf
- Rivers and Harbors Act
- Best Available Science
- Oil Pollution Act
- Natural Resource Damage Assessment
- Coastal Zone Management Act
- Federal Nexus
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- National Historical Preservation Act of 1966
- Viable Salmon Population Parameters
- National Historic Preservation Act