National Forest Foundation
From Salish Sea Wiki
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
National Forest Foundation is a private entity chartered by congress to "bring people together" to protect and restore national forests and grasslands.
- They have a board with many business executives, and a private partnerships.
- Their 2022-24 strategic plan has the following goals.
- We will invest more in on-the-ground projects to improve the health of our National Forests. We will accelerate and broaden our on-the-ground action to increase carbon sequestration and water replenishment and to restore more acres.
- We will triple our impact on National Forest recreation infrastructure, expanding the capacity for more people to love the forests without negatively impacting forest health.
- We will engage millions more Americans in personal and meaningful relationships with National Forests. Our reach will be digital, in-person and through partners. We will focus on communicating with and through a broader diversity of Americans and we will engage millions more than before to build a constituency that demands and works for healthy forests.
- The Matching Awards Program is identified as their "flagship program" -- it appears that other programs are much more specific to target locations.