US Federal Government
- Recent Topic Edits
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The United States Federal Government is represented by a collection of agencies. On the wiki we generally organize wiki pages around agencies but choose a scale to best describe
Governments Forming Systems
For the purpose of complex system analysis it can be useful to discount the hierarchical structures of governments, and instead focus on how programs across agencies naturally form systems that represent cumulative public capability. In this regard we can observe three fundemental systems of ecosystem management:
- Planning and Funding Systems - which evaluate the relative importance of actions to the public trust and allocate resources among willing actors.
- Regulation and Mitigation Systems - which track and constrain private activity where it affects the public trust.
- Observation and Learning Systems - which gather and synthesize data to understand the nature of systems to inform public decisions.
Wiki Pages for Federal Workgroups
- NOAA Restoration Center
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- US Geological Survey
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Pacific Northwest Research Station
- Environmental Protection Agency
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Navy
- Puget Sound Federal Task Force
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Forest Service
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- National Forest Foundation
- National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
- US Department of Justice