Community-based Restoration Program (CRP)
From Salish Sea Wiki
Annual funding to support restoration of the nationals coastal habitats in support of trust resources
- Funds are allocated through appropriates to the Habitat Conservation budget within the National Marine Fisheries Service, as appropriated by Subcommittees for Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies.
- Funding has been level for perhaps a decade.
- CRP Awards consider social and economic benefits to affected communities and coastal resilience.
- The community-based program infrastructure was used to allocate funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
- Appropriations also fund NOAA Restoration Center technical assistance and the Natural Resource Damage Assessment capabilities