Special Purpose Districts
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The category "district" is used to identify workgroups that are special districts created under state law to serve a specific local function not provided by the "general purpose governments" of counties and municipalities that we are currently labeling as local jurisdictions. Special purpose districts include port districts, fire districts, conservation districts, as well as flood, irrigation, water, and drainage districts.
File:LBC 1988 review of special purpose districts.pdf suggests that special purpose districts are more responsive, but less coordinated and accountable then associated general purpose governments. MRSC 2003 provides a recent overview of Washington State special purpose districts.
Special District Workgroups
- Whatcom Conservation District
- Mason Conservation District (MCD)
- Snohomish Conservation District
- Conservation Districts
- French Slough Flood Control District
- Thurston Conservation District
- Port of Everett
- Snoqualmie Valley Watershed Improvement District
- Islands Trust
- Sunshine Coast Regional District