On the wiki you can create and edit pages with images, text, and video, and upload documents. There is just enough structure to keep it organized. You can find content by searching or browsing. A wiki is essentially a large web-accessible user-generated database. It is imperfect, but it is ours.
The following pages provide information about how to be a wiki editor. Pages are presented in order intended to anticipate your development as a wiki user, from general to more specific. Please remember that you work as an editor is contingent on understanding and adhereing to our social contract. If you have questions not answered here, consider starting a thread on the Talk:Introduction page, which serves as our informal FAQs.
- How do I search and browse? - What are all these links about?! Understanding the anatomy of a wiki and how to find what is here and get around
- What are the different kinds of wiki users? - Who has permission to do what on the wiki
- How do I create a page? - the wiki is a collaction of informational pages, and you can create one too.
- Where do I ask questions? - Once you have an account, the introduction talk-page is the best place to ask new editor questions
- How to I get notified about changes or interact with others - There are MANY functions you can enable or use to make the wiki more interactive.
- What are the differences between Sites and Places? - Why we have our ecosystem model, and why not every place is just another place.
Basic Page Creation and Editing
- Building a wiki presence - a discussion of some strategies for how to start contributing to the wiki
- Good Wiki Practices - How to create and edit pages so that the wiki works well
- Linking - Links are easy to create and essential for good wiki function, but make sure they are stable links
- The Credit Box - This feature lets workgroups claim credit for efforts and generate a list of all their efforts.
- Markup tutorial - How to format pages and content within the edit window
- Categorizing - Information about from among the categories we use to organize pages
- Video tutorials - A few YouTube videos explaining how to use MediaWiki sites if you want to learn that way
Advanced Page Creation and Editing
- Multiple columns and invoking lists of pages - snippets of code that show how to create automatic multi-column lists of pages using category queries.
Special Purpose Pages and Categories
- Redirect pages and how they are used.
- Special Pages include all the utilities that let you peer under the hood of the wiki.
- The Raw Category is used to flag pages that are rough starts or placeholders and need work.
- Use special:EmailUser to send an email to another user.