River Delta Adaptive Management Strategy/Learning Project Scope of Work Template
This sub-page describes standard tasks commonly found in a statement of work for the [[Estuary and Salmon Restoration Program]. ESRP provides reimbursement based on delivery of products that document progress towards a final project output.
- 1 TASK # – Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plan(Design)
- 2 TASK # - Wiki Page Development
- 3 TASK # – Data Collection and Processing
- 4 TASK # – Interim Results Analysis (Evaluation)
- 5 Task # - Final Project Report
- 6 Task # - Final Project Presentation
- 7 TASK # – Report on Implementation (Evaluation)
TASK # – Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plan(Design)
Description: The grantee will develop and deliver:
- A monitoring and adaptive management plan and cost estimates, minimally including:
- Clearly defined project goals and objectives.
- A scope and schedule for implementation monitoring to adequately document the extent and nature of the restoration treatment (as-built documentation).
- A summary table that describes the objectives, methods and timing of monitoring.
- A scope and schedule for a qualitative monitoring strategy including project photo-documentation and visual inspection.
- Hypotheses to be tested through quantitative monitoring.
- Descriptions of the parameters to be estimated, and the temporal and spatial patterns that may affect their accurate and precise measurement or estimation.
- Identification of reference and control sites as necessary for hypothesis testing.
- A clear sampling plan that includes frequency, duration, intensity and the planned method of statistical data analysis.
- A scope and schedule describing how qualitative or quantitative observations will trigger management actions or reporting.
- A description of the staff expertise required to complete monitoring, and how that expertise will be secured for the project.
- A description of the products that will be generated from monitoring including an anticipated delivery schedule.
- Estimated short term and out year costs necessary to deliver the proposed monitoring benefits.
The Grantee will deliver a stewardship and maintenance plan that identifies a scope, schedule, budget and source of funding for completion of maintenance tasks necessary to insure that project goals and objectives will be achieved. This stewardship plan may be integrated with deliverables required as part of the Protection Complete Task.
- A PDF file containing a monitoring and adaptive management plan will be uploaded to PRISM using the filename “PROJECTNAME-monitoring-stewardship-DATE.pdf”
TASK # - Wiki Page Development
Description: The grantee will complete development of a set of wiki pages that describe the project, consistent with guidance at https://SalishSeaRestoration.org. Initial page content will provide a description of the restoration action, a map of the project extent, a before after picture of the project site, and a link to any web published resources related to the project, including the PRISM project snapshot for the project, and the HWS entry for the projet, and a link to a workgroup page identifying the project proponent.
- A completed wiki page published on https://SalishSeaRestoration.org, including project deliverables.
TASK # – Data Collection and Processing
Description: The Grantee will complete data collection consistent with the goals and objectives of the monitoring plan. Data collection will include data entry to a digital format suitable for analysis, quality control an assurance procedures, and archiving of data collection sheets. This work is broken into individual data collection events based on the following schedule:
[Insert Table Here]
- The grantee will maintain a PDF file containing a synoptic data collection log, which summarizes each data collection event over the course of the learning project, and provide that log at the completion of each sub-task. Each log entry will include a description of the activities completed, and dates. The data collection will be uploaded to PRISM using the filename “PROJECTNAME-monitoringreport-DATE.pdf”. Data associated with each log entry will be available upon request.
TASK # – Interim Results Analysis (Evaluation)
Description: The Grantee will complete a preliminary analysis of data, resulting in a draft report of results. That report of results will include tabular summary of relevant parameters. Documented statistical comparisons consistent with the monitoring goals and objectives, and figures providing useful visual representation of those comparisons. This work will be broken into individual analyses, and associated reports, based on the following schedule:
|Delivery Date||Analytical Subject||Period of Observation Under Analysis|
- A PDF file containing a draft report of results will be uploaded to PRISM using the filename “PROJECTNAME-monitoringreport-DATE.pdf.
Task # - Final Project Report
Description: The Grantee will deliver a final monitoring report consistent with specifications found in the Monitoring and Adaptive Management Plan described above. That report will provide sufficient information such that a scientifically trained reader could replicate the monitoring procedures and analyses. The final report will include a 1 to 2 page synopsis of the findings, paraphrasing critical sections of the report, while using language and terms that are easy to understand at a 12th grade reading level.
- A PDF file containing a monitoring report will be uploaded to PRISM using the filename “PROJECTNAME-finalreport-DATE.pdf".
- The PDF file will be loaded onto the wiki at
- The ,
Task # - Final Project Presentation
Description: the grantee will provide a professional presentation of results at a venue of their choosing, but providing sufficient time (typ. 1 month advance) for the ESRP team to invite guests and obtain video footage of the presentation.
- An announcement of the presentation subject, location, and time, delivered by e-mail one month prior to the presentation.
- Delivery of the presentation in a setting that allows for capture of video footage.
- A copy of the powerpoint presentation used in the final presentation.
TASK # – Report on Implementation (Evaluation)
The Grantee will:
- Update the PRISM database record consistent with current ESRP PRISM Business Rules upon completion of the project.
- Upload all deliverables to the PRISM database using the file naming convention described herein, where deliverables shall be provided as a single PRISM attachment except where attachment size exceeds 30MB. All images imbedded in .PDF or .DOC documents images shall be minimized to a 200 DPI compressed JPG format to minimize attachment file size and accessibility of documents. Deliverables will be named following a standard convention of project nickname, product type, date of delivery as described for individual task deliverables.
- Complete an ESRP final report providing key findings and lessons learned (not anticipated to exceed 5 pages).
- Photo documentation images described in the Monitor/Steward Plan shall conform to the following guidelines:
- Images shall be delivered as un-embedded minimally compressed JPG files at a minimum of 4 million-pixel resolution.
- Images shall be accompanied by a site plan that indicates the location and bearing of each photo points. The notated site plan shall be in PDF format. Photo points will be selected to provide an overview of the impact, and shall include landscape features that indicate the scale of the activity.
- Each images photo point series shall include a minimum of one shot for each of the before, during, and after construction time periods. Where feasible, before during and after images will occur within a single season.
- Image file name shall include project site code name, photo-point code as displayed on the map, and date (i.e. “PROJECTNAME_P1_05-1014.jpg”).
- All images shall be released to the public domain, and will be reproducible by WDFW or its associates for any and all purposes.
- Completed PRISM record including deliverables.
- A PDF file containing a lessons learned report will be uploaded to PRISM using the filename “PROJECTNAME-lessonslearned-DATE.pdf”
- Photo documentation images as described above.