Mid-spencer Island Restoration
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The dikes of Mid-spencer island breached (in the 1960's), resulting in restoration of tidal flow but poor connectivity. Snohomish County is developing designs to remove additional dikes to support more complex channel formation, and improve fish access. Work will be completed as part of the Smith Island Restoration
- Unclear how construction will be phased in relation to the two-year Smith Island work.
- Two contracts observed in PRISM:
- ESRP Design Contract (2014)
- Restoration Contract (2016)
- Construction was incorporated into Smith Island Restoration contracting: https://secure.rco.wa.gov/prism/search/projectsnapshot.aspx?ProjectNumber=16-2152
- Key Documents in PRISM
- NWFSC has completed some initial monitoring of fish composition and density within the island, however the connections between high tidal channels through historical mother ditches make strong sampling methods like fyke netting difficult.