Coastal Resilience to Climate Change
As part of a global network sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, US Geological Survey, UW and WWU are working on developing a series of analyses, using accurate digital elevation models for Puget Sound that can be used to predict the potential impact of sea level rise and storm surge on human infrastructure.
- The TNC National network is described at http://coastalresilience.org/
- Sample maps are located at http://maps.coastalresilience.org/pugetsound/
- Western Washington University (Spatial Institute): Roger Fuller
- USGS: Eric Grossman
- University of Washington (Climate Impacts Group): Alan Hamlet (now at Notre Dame)
- The Nature Conservancy (Zach Ferdaña, Julie Morse)
The objective is to generate and provide to the public, information and decision support tools that help to understand the vulnerabilities of coastal and floodplain habitats and human communities to climate change.