Coastal Blue Carbon Project
From Salish Sea Wiki
Restore America's Estuaries is working with NOAA Office of Habitat Conservation and their local partner Earthcorps to evaluate potential rates of carbon sequestration through restoration of tidal wetlands in the Snohomish Delta.
- Earth Economics completed a study with the David Suzuki Foundation to value nearshore ecosystem services in British Columbia, described in Molnar et al 2012
- Restore America's Estuaries' greenhouse gas methodology, titled "Greenhouse Gas Accounting Methods for Tidal Wetland and Seagrass Restoration," is now available for public comment (2/14/14).
- This was submitted to the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) in December to begin the approval process for calculating net greenhouse gas benefits and receive carbon credits. VCS' press release can be found
- Here is the VCS press release.
- Video presentation of results in Feb 2014 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzSjuFO2so