The Catalyst Site
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association and Whatcom Land Trust are restoring wetlands and tributary streams associated with Landingstrip Creek, on the South Fork Nooksack Floodplain near the Hutchinson Reach, just south of the town of Acme.
Observations of site:
- Beaver activity is affecting planting and ultimately anticipated to affect hydrology
- A portion of the site will be retained as a hay field leased by the land trust, exemplifying a multiple benefits approach to private conservation.
- Diffferent project phases and awards make tracking site activity through grant contract records very difficult. The following phases have occured:
- Acquisition (SRFB/WLT)
- Channel remeander (trib to Landingstrip/USFWS)
- Channel enhancement with LWD
- NRCS/CREP plantings (along river and Landingstrip)
- Channel remeander (railroad tributary/NOAA)