Leque Island Restoration
From Salish Sea Wiki
Stillaguamish Delta, managed by WDFW as part of the Skagit Wildlife Area. Restoration Planning is underway. It is bisected by a causeway constructed to connect Camano Island and the Mainland.
- Leque Alternatives Analysis and Design (2013)
- Leque Island Estuary Restoration 2007 (2007)
- Leque Island Public Access (2006)
- Leque Island Estuary Restoration (2004)
- English Boom-Leque Island Acq & Res. (2002)
- WDFW and Ducks Unlimited completed conceptual design for partial restoration of the site under ESRP contract in 2007.
- During high river flow and tides in 2010 the dike breached, resulting in emergency repairs.
- Proposed restoration of the site provoked concerns about the effect of the project on the Camano Island aquifir.
- EPA has developed a Camano Island Aquifir Webpage
- File:PGG 2012 leque island restoration camano island groundwater.pdf documents groundwater investigations suggesting no effect.
- Friends of Eide Road are promoting a transition from hunting to passive recreation on the site.
- A 2013 award from ESRP led to WDFW & DU 2015 leque alternative design analysis