Washington State Department of Natural Resources
From Salish Sea Wiki
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The Washington State Department of Natural Resources is a state agency led by the elected Commissioner of Public Lands, responsible for managing state owned lands.
Some important programs for ecosystem management include:
- Aquatic Lands Habitat Conservation Program - which develops protective standards for the use of state-owned lands.
- Natural Heritage Program - which studies and tracks rare vegetation
- Natural Areas Program - which manages a set of state owned reserves.
- Creosote Removal Program - which removes creosote soaked pilings and logs from beaches and embayments
- Forest Practices - which regulates commercial forest harvest