- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Thurston County is the southernmost county of the Salish Sea. South County drains to the Chehalis River Basin. The largest Municipalities are City of Olympia, City of Tumwater, and City of Lacey, which contain roughly half the County's residents. The remaining towns are scattered over the southern half of the County. From east to west, large Salish Sea watersheds include a large area of the Nisqually River Watershed which forms the County's eastern boundary Henderson Inlet Ecosystem including the Woodland Creek Watershed and Woodard Creek Watershed, Budd Inlet Ecosystem including the large Deschutes River Watershed, Eld Inlet Watershed including the McLain Creek Watershed and Green Cove Creek Watershed, and a portion of the Totten Inlet Watershed including parts of the Kennedy Creek Watershed.
- Wikipedia for Thurston County, Washington
- Thurston County Stormwater Utility is responsible for the management of rain while protecting public trust resources.
- Thurston County NPDES permit - https://www.thurstoncountywa.gov/sw/Pages/regs.aspx
- Voluntary Stewardship Program
- File:Thurston County 2017 voluntary stewardship plan.pdf - compiled document and appendices adopted in 2017
- Open Space Tax Program
- Transfer of Development Rights Program
- Purchase of Development Rights Program
- Agritourism Program
- Thurston County Comprehensive Plan was last updated in 2005 and is due for an update. https://www.thurstoncountywa.gov/planning/Pages/comp-plan-current.aspx