Lower Stillaguamish Floodplain
From Salish Sea Wiki
- Stillaguamish Valley Protection Initiative
- Stillaguamish Delta Dredged Sediment Re-use
- Stillaguamish Delta Restoration Pre-design
- File:Lower Stillaguamish.pdf - a large map of the lower stillaguamish
- File:Lower Stillaguamish DEM.pdf - a similar map with a elevation model of the floodplain showing river evolution
- File:Lower Stillaguamish Agriculture.pdf - a map showing 2011 agricultural land use and acreage.
- The Resource Lands Protection Initiative is an effort to define a shared land protection strategy that benefits both fish and agriculture and is centered in the Lower Stillaguamish.
- File:Lower stillaguamish floodplain parcels.pdf is a draft map produced to support planning
- Stillaguamish Valley Protection Initiative - a local initiative to protect open space, agriculture, water quality and salmon habitat in the Stillaguamish Valley.
- Snohomish County is leading a Pollution Identification and Control program to manage fecal and nutrient pollution of shellfish beds from agricultural operations.
- Stillaguamish Delta is downstream.
- Church Creek Watershed and Pilchuck Creek Watershed are the major tributaries from the north.
- Portage Creek Watershed and the Cougar Creek Watershed enter from the south.
- The Interstate 5 causeway provides a natural hydrologic boundary upstream
- The Upper Stillaguamish Floodplain lies upstream between I-5 and the confluence of the forks.
- This is among the most productive farmland in Western Washington.
- 2014 Article in Everett Herald describing City of Stanwood response to high flood risk.