- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
OUR ECOVILLAGE is a 25 acre living forest and permaculture farm in the Cowichan Watershed hosting a thriving experience-based learning community that builds sustainable relationships with earth and others. Our vision is sustainable well-being for the land, ourselves and our worldwide village.
- Created in 1999
- Build around sense of common space and wellbeing.
- OUR is acronym for "one united resource"
- "Did you come to the fire to get warm, or did you bring wood?"--shift from consumption to contribution.
- Created new zoning designation allowing multiple land uses within one development unit.
- Committed to completing regulatory efforts for appropriate technology.
- Currently working on waste water treatment prototypes.
- "This village must dream for the planet"
- Climate change demonstration building - buildings that use local materials (cob, straw bale, post and beam) and thereby store carbon through their construction.
- Green burial project, protecting land by placement of remains.