Governor's Salmon Recovery Office
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The Governor's Salmon Recovery Office was established by the Legislature, through the Salmon Recovery Planning Act, and charged with coordinating a statewide salmon recovery strategy. Other tasks include:
- Helping develop and implement regional recovery plans.
- Securing funding for local, regional, and state recovery efforts.
- Helping prepare the biennial State of Salmon in Watersheds report to the Legislature.
- Advising the Salmon Recovery Funding Board and the Forum on Monitoring Salmon Recovery and Watershed Health.
- Managing contracts to maintain Habitat Work Schedule and Lead Entity Coordinators
The Washington Recreation and Conservation Office provides support for the Governor’s Salmon Recovery Office.