Federal Emergency Management Agency
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards
For a more general discussion see the Flood Hazard page.
The National Flood Insurance Program provides counties the ability to participate in national flood insurance.
- NFIP is administered through the Washington State Department of Ecology
- Data on repeated flood claims are maintained and are being used by Floodplains by Design.
- The insurance rate is in part determined by a Community Rating System.
- NOAA completed a consultation with FEMA resulting in the Washington FEMA BiOp
- National Flood Insurance Program
FEMA's Hazard Mitigation Programs are implemented through the Which has an impact on development of floodplain landscapes: