The Madrona Institute
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Advancing stewardship in the San Juan Islands through our work in four areas…
- San Juan Islands Stewardship Special License Plate - Purchasing a San Juan Islands Special License Plate is a great way to support stewardship of the San Juan Islands.
- Islands Climate Resilience - Striving for greater community resilience and local self-reliance in the face of climate change through grassroots action.
- Coast Salish Youth Stewardship Corps - Empowering Indigenous youth through exploration of their native natural resource heritage and stewardship of their ancestral homelands.
- Stewardship Network of the San Juans - Serving as the sponsor of a coalition of conservation-based organizations working collaboratively in the San Juan Islands to support a thriving ecosystem.
- Coast Salish Youth Stewardship Corps - In 2017, the Madrona Institute launched a summer youth program, the Coast Salish Youth Stewardship Corps, for youth from Coast Salish Tribes in our region. As the Madrona Institute’s primary youth program, the Coast Salish Youth Stewardship Corps serves indigenous youth ages 14+ from the Lummi, Samish, W̱SÁNEĆ, Swinomish, Tulalip, Stillaguamish and other Coast Salish Tribes who have ancestral ties with the San Juan Islands and whose families were disconnected from their traditional homelands during the time of the Indian Appropriations Act.