Fallopia japonica (knotweed)
- Recent Topic Edits
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Japanese Knotweed is an Introduced Species of concern in many locations. It is rhizomatous, extremely efficient at nutrient retention, and appears to spread rapidly in riparian zones forming mono-typic stands.
This is a quick article, as a placeholder.
- Volunteer have started some uncontrolled experimentation in the Skykomish Valley The Ecosystem Guild/Knotweed Control Experiments and has been collecting references
- Knotweed Psyllid has been approved (by whom?) as a biocontrol agent for Knotweed.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service - https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/federal-register-posts/sa_by_date/sa-2023/ea-knotweed-control
- National Park Service - https://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectHome.cfm?projectId=97958
- Cornell University Test Program in New York - https://www.nyisri.org/2020/07/knotweed-biocontrol-released-in-nys/
- Science direct article - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1049964422001724