Delta Management for Waterfowl
- WDFW lands often provide waterfowl hunting opportunities.
- Private duck hunting clubs are increasing on the Samish Delta. Fecal contamination from hunters and their dogs are of concern to shellfish growers.
- Management of state delta lands often involve cultivation of forage or water management to support hunting or migratory bird refuge.
- Waterfowl hunting occurs on state lands in the Nisqually Delta, Stillaguamish Delta, Skagit Delta, Samish Delta
- USGS has made proposals to the ESRP program to analyze waterfowl impacts as described in the following records. A strong critique of this approach is found in the discussion page.
Delta Strategy Analysis
The uncertainties in how this topic affects delta restoration has resulted in its inclusion in the ESRP River Delta Adaptive Management Strategy. This three criteria analysis should build off the analysis above, and supports development of learning projects.