- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
The North Fork Skokomish Confluence is where the north fork Skokomish River drops to the floodplain and joins the south fork. Sediment transport dynamics are complex, and sediment aggredation has resulted in fish passage barriers during low flow, as the river flows below the surface. A wide range of actions are underway to manage the confluence floodplain for the benefit of fisheries.
- There is an Army Corps General Investigation
- Habitat Work Schedule has 14 different records in the confluence area. 6 are complete, 4 are active, 1 is proposed and 3 are conceptual as of fall 2014.
- Skokomish Confluence Reach Restoration Design - feasibility reported complete in 2013 and associated with PRISM 07-1925
- North Fork Skokomish Pond Reconnection
- There are two records that descriibe a failed attempt to acquire easements at the Richert Ranch, resulting in a reorientation of funds to complete acquisition of the Rasmusson/Green Diamond parcels immediately upstream of the confluence (PRISM Contract).
- North Fork Skokomish NRCS Floodplain Easement - 42 acres East of the north fork, downstream of the confluence.
- Skokomish Exclusion Fencing 2007 - a stretch of exclusion fencing by the Conservation District along the south bank, opposite the NRCS easement.)