Scatter Creek Farm and Conservancy
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
The Scatter Creek Community Farm is a collaborative project between the South Sound Community Farmland Trust, Kirsop Farms, and the Creekside Conservancy to acquire and protect an old dairy site (the Weins property) to protect and develop the site for farming and conservation of natural resources in perpetuity
The Scatter Creek Farm is located outside the Puget Sound basin, but has potential value as a demonstration site within the greater Cascadian Lowlands for floodplain management that integrates agricultural and conservation land uses.
- Analysis of Riparian Buffer Function is essential to restoration and stewardship of the site.
- PRISM Project Snapshot for acquisition
- Phase 1 Environmental Assessment provides property description and historical use analysis of the site.
- File:Heernett 2013 deed of right for RCO.pdf - defines state public trust interest in the site.
- During the purchase Heernett relinquished all rights to the irrigation system or water to the upland site.
- File:Scatter Creek design analysis 14-0127.doc - a summary of design strategies and an exploratory hydrologic assessment
- File:Scatter creek site physical with field boundaries.pdf - a map showing the lower two benches with topography and field area