Edmonds Marsh Ecosystem
- Salish Sea References
- Wiki Rules
Edmonds Marsh is a large historic barrier estuary located at a depositional zone north of Edmonds Point incorporating the outlets of Willow Creek and Shellabarger Creek watersheds. It is the largest estuary restoration opportunity in the Carkeek to Everett Beach System, a very long and severely degraded beach drift cell on the East Sound side of central Puget Sound.
- City of Edmonds NPDES compliance page - NPDES defines city obligations to manage stormwater quality over time under state and federal law consistent with a permit issued by WDOE.
- 2022 City of Edmonds stormwater management plan] - this is the city plan which defines compliance with state and federal law.
- File:Cereghino 2022 edmonds marsh watershed desktop assessmnet.pdf - a quick series of maps describing the context of Edmonds Marsh within local coastal creek watersheds.
- The local chapter of the Sierra Club is active in Edmonds and created a site summary - https://www.sierraclub.org/washington/edmonds-marsh-through-time
- Community volunteers produced the following high resolution drone footage of the marsh
- The Unocal Edmonds Bulk Fuel Terminal was located on the edge of the marsh and is a state-led clean up site. https://apps.ecology.wa.gov/cleanupsearch/site/5180
- A draft https://apps.ecology.wa.gov/cleanupsearch/document/64991 - alternatives analysis begins on p. 188
- Design of the tidal channel may benefit from Tidal Channel Restoration Guidelines