Stanley et al 2012 watershed assessment water model
- Last Ten Documents
- Baker et al 2020 restoration scaling HaBREM
- WSE 2021 snohomish hydrologic and hydraulic modelling.pdf
- Booth et al 2021 lower skykomish geomorphic assessment.pdf
- RCO et al 2023 Align grant coordination MOU.pdf
- Skidmore & Wheaton 2022 riverscapes as adaptation infrastructure
- ESA 2022 invasive species & salmon recovery snohomish.pdf
- Silver 2021 phalaris reed canarygrass control.pdf
- BLM 1999 sampling vegetation attributes.pdf
- Moore et al 2003 vegetation monitoring manual.pdf
- Ostrom 1990 governing the commons
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Stanley, S., S. Grigsby, D. Booth, D. Hartley, R. Horner, T. Hruby, J. Thomas, P. Bissonnette, R. Fuerstenberg, J. Lee, P. Olson, G. Wilhere. 2012. Puget Sound Characterization, Volume 1: The Water Resource Assessments (Water Flow and Water Quality). Published by Washington State Department of Ecology, Bellevue, Washington. 76 pp.
- The Puget Sound Characterization is a set of water and habitat assessments that compare areas within a watershed for restoration and protection value. It is a coarse-scale decision-support tool that provides information for regional, county, and watershed-based planning. The information it provides will allow local and regional governments, as well as NGOs, to base their decisions regarding land use on a systematic analytic framework that prioritizes specific geographic areas on the landscape as focus areas for protection, restoration, and conservation of our region’s natural resources, and that also identifies areas that are likely more suitable for development. Application of this method should result in future land-use patterns that protect the health of Puget Sound’s terrestrial and aquatic resources while also helping to direct limited financial resources to the highest priority areas for restoration and protection.
- Keywords:watershed management, puget sound watershed, water quality, assessment, water resources, watershed, watershed planning, Puget Sound