Speybroeck et al 2006 beach nourishment coastal defense
- Last Ten Documents
- Hanson et al. 2021 seasonal diet killer whale
- Tuohy et al. 2018 chum non-natal habitat use.pdf
- Koski 2009 coho nomads
- Hayes et al. 2019 non-natal marine basin use
- Glasgow and Jorgenson 2022 eDNA identifies non-natal fish use.pdf
- ESA et al. 2022 coastal stream and embayment fish access framework.pdf
- Bloch et al. 2019 coastal stream and embayment restoration prioritization.pdf
- Bennett et al. 2014 early coho outmigrants contribute to adult spawning
- Apgar et al. 2020 range-wide subyearling chinook alternative strategies
- Science Sprint Fact Sheet.pdf
- Wiki Rules
- What Links To This Page?
Speybroeck, J., D. Bonte, W. Courtens, T. Gheskiere, P. Grootaert, J.-P. Maelfait, M. Mathys, S. Provoost, K. Sabbe, E. W. M. Stienen, V. V. Lancker, M. Vincx, and S. Degraer. 2006. Beach nourishment: an ecologically sound coastal defence alternative? A review. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems 16(4):419-435.
- A review on the ecological consequences of using beach nourishment for softshore protection. In general the review highlights the harmful effects of nourishment but provides alternative implementation strategies.