Dethier et al 2016 impacts of armoring
From Salish Sea Wiki
- Logs, wrack, and high-shore invertebrates decline with shoreline armoring.
- Armoring emplaced further down the beach face has progressively greater impacts.
- Documented threshold responses with elevation are relevant for habitat managers.
- In drift cells with extensive armoring, beaches have coarser sedimentparticles of clay, silt, sand, gravel, or cobble, transported by water, are called sediment..
- Detection of geomorphic beach changes requires large spatial scales of observation.